Additional Fees

I had stock in a company plan (Apollo) which was sold to a private company. Never heard a word from Morgan Stanley prior to the sale nor after the sale regarding the proceeds.

I called customer service and had a hard time getting any explanation about what happened or why there was a lack of communication. When I questioned the amount of the check they sent, the rep seemed confused about the amount. Finally told me they withheld 28% because no W9 was on file. I've never been asked for a W9.

The sale resulted in a loss, why would you take withholding? No explanation was available. I asked if they had any intention of letting me know what had happened. The response was, "I don't know if we contact you or if someone from the company plan should contact you." BTW, we are two weeks since the check was cut and you only have 30 days to get a W9 on file!!!

:-( I've never seen such poor customer service.

I understand why I use a discount brokerage. Much better customer service at TDAmeritrade!

Review about: Morgan Stanley Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Very frustrating.

I didn't like: Lack of customer service, Lack of communication.

Comments

Detroit, Michigan, United States #1304122

The w9 is something that when you create your online account requires you to either certify now or do later you obviously don't read plan documents. Also any corporate actions are done by the company not the brokerage firm every brokerage firm requires you to have a tax form on file